Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me and My Sister

This is us at my wedding day as we get older I dont think we like as much alike as we did when we were younger.

Hello to all my blogging friends, today my twin sister and I are celebrating our 31st birthday. My sister and I were born September 23, 1978 I was born at 12:01 pm and she was born at 12:16 pm, we are 15 minutes apart and yes we are identical. Back when my mother was carrying us (she through she was having just one baby) there were no equipment like there are now to tell what babies are, no ultrasound machines, women just know what their baby was when they had it. Well when my mother went into labor she pushed me out (not trying to be graphic) the doctors and nurses through she was done but she said she told them she was still in pain and that is when my sister came along, my mother, my father, and the doctor and nurses were all in shock lol. My mother did not even look as if she was pregnant with twins she was so small. I weighted in at 2 pounds 5 oz and my sister was 7 pounds 3 oz. We know were the weight went lol. But she is my best friend along with my hubby, and I love her allot.. We can talk about things and share secrets like we did would we were little. We are all grown up now I have a husband and children and she has a husband and children. So happy birthday my dear sweet sister I love you, and for everyone that would like to know her name is LaTrice and as you all know mine is DeNiece but everyone calls us Niecy and Tricey or Tixie and Dixie (if you are old enough then you will remember the cartoon about the two mice named Tixie and Dixie lol).......Our husbands have something up their sleeves for this weekend, but we will have to wait...Well you ask how do we know this lol we know our hubbys, last year they give us a surprise party, so we will see what they will do this year, neither one of them are good at keeping a secret. My sister and I get them every year.

20 comments:

Laura said...

Happy Birthday to you and your sister! You are both beautiful. :)

Loved your birth story!
Have a wonderful day!

((Hugs))
Laura

Suzanne said...

A very blessed birthday to you both!

~Bren~ said...

Happy Birthday DeNiece!!! You and your sister are beautiful....you look very much alike!
Blessings to you both!

Wife, Mom, and Slave said...

Happy Birthday to two beautiful blessings!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Trixie and Dixie {LOVE it--so cute!!}

Have a special day...Enjoy!

--Lisa

Tonya said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!(to both of you girls)
You and your sister are beautiful,inside and out:)

Simple Christian Homemaker said...

Happy Birthday to the both of you! You are both so very beautiful! I think that you guys looked very much a like in that picture. Your mom is doubly blessed.

Unknown said...

Birthday blessings to you and your sister!

Nancy

Debbie J said...

Happy birthday DeNiece and also to your sister. You look so sweet together in the picture!

Michele said...

A very blessed and happy birthday to you and your sister!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to you and your sister! I recently stumbled on your blog and find it such a blessing. You have such a sweet countenance. May God bless you and your family.

--Natalie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you and your sister!

You mean so much to me - I love your blog and videos!

Diann said...

What a sweet story, I always wanted to be twin.
Hope ya'lls birthday is full of blessings!

~Diann

Akehia said...

OMG, you are a twin AND you have twins?! How exciting! Happy Birthday to you both :-) Have a wonderful day!

Heather said...

Happy birthday to you both! What a special day. I hope you enjoy whatever it is you do today and this coming weekend!!!

colleen said...

Well happy Birthday to Both of you!!! Share a Blessed day together!!
Hugs,
Colleen

Divamom said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you both had a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you both!!! :)

Anonymous said...

I already commented but I have to say, I normally hate playlists on blogs, but yours is great!! So inspiring...Love in a Home makes me what to get up and DO something. :-)

Also... I have a set of cousins that are twins. They're still teens, so not kids for them, but their sister has a set, so my aunt has twin children and twin grandchilden just like your mom. Actually, my gram has TWO sets of twin grandchildren and one set of twin great grandchildren. Talk about seeing double...LOL.

(I'm sure you really wanted to know my family tree, but I thought is somehow pertained... :-P )

Have a wonderful day,
--Lisa

Amy @ Keep'n The SunnySide said...

I'm just catching up with this post DeNiece. I can't even imagine the shock AND joy your family must have felt.. not one blessing but TWO! I'm sure you have an amazing bond.. what a wonderful thing to not only have a twin, but also for her to be your best friend! OH.. and now I can see where your twins blood line is from. Isn't God awesome!

Guest Book

Fall

Daylight Savings

Homemaking for Christ

Hello and welcome to Organized Homemaking for Christ...... So just sit yourself down and have a cup of tea and some cookies and lets talk about the goodness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ., lets talk about the goodness of God and how he has brought us this far and how we as believers in Christ will continue to follow his words pertaining to being homemakers, helpmeets to our husbands, and mothers to our children.

Who's visiting the Barnes Homestead.....

Who's Visiting


Spring 2012


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones