Thursday, November 1, 2012

"Making Your Home a Haven" Fall Challenge

Hello dear blogging friends I am so excited that my friend Courtney is having her Fall Challenge again over at her blog Women Living Well and I definitely will be participating.......Each week Courtney will give you one practical tip and one spiritual tip that you can do to create a haven in your home. This challenge will begin next Monday, November 5th and run through the month of November.



Here is what Courtney has to say about her Fall Challenge:
 For the past 2 years we’ve done this challenge, and an overwhelming number have been asking where it is this fall?! So it’s back and I’m excited to get started! Each week I will give you one practical tip and one spiritual tip that you can do to create a haven in your home.
Stuffed full calendars and to-do lists sky high can leave the entire family feeling tense during the holiday season. I believe we can create a physical environment, as well as a spiritual environment, that can bring peace, harmony and a sense of calmness to our homes if we are willing to be intentional.
So let me introduce you to the “Making Your Home a Haven” 3rd Annual Fall Challenge. I  am writing fresh material this year so I hope you will join me again.
This challenge will begin next Monday, November 5th and run through the month of November. Check out last year’s video and topics below:
Here’s the topic schedule for those who want to link up each week (the content of the posts will be new for those returning from the previous years)

November 5th -Go buy an extra large candle and light a candle everyday in your home. I will be starting mine in the morning! But you can start yours at dinner time. Do what makes sense for your family. I will be placing mine in the kitchen – the main hub of my home. Each time the candle catches your eye, say a prayer for peace in your home.

November 12th - Play soft music everyday in your home. Choose worship, classical or another form of peaceful music that the family enjoys. I’ll be playing Christmas music!  Focus on using peaceful words and maintaining peaceful relationships. Work on gentleness this week.

November 19th – Focus on the kitchen, the heart of the home. Cook things with pleasant aromas – like homemade bread, pies, and cookies.  Don’t wait to have a reason to make something special – do it simply to show love to your family. Invite your kids and/or hubby to cook along side of you – make memories in the kitchen – test tasting, being creative, laughing and loving. Remove discontentment and give thanks to God for the home God has given you in which to create a haven for your family.

November 26th - Decorate! The holidays are upon us.  Ann Voskamp says “Creating is good theology.  In the beginning God created.”  Be creative as you make your home warm, cozy and inviting for the holidays.  Think about ways you can keep Christ in Christmas even in the way you decorate.


I am so geared up and ready for this challenge because I do need to slow down now and really start to enjoy this wonderful Fall season and all the God has placed in my care........

2 comments:

mamamia said...

thank you, I really need this challenge right now. It just might bring some life back to my frozen heart.

Martha said...

I'm looking forward to this challenge as well. I need it!!

Guest Book

Labor Day

Fall

Daylight Savings

Homemaking for Christ

Hello and welcome to Organized Homemaking for Christ...... So just sit yourself down and have a cup of tea and some cookies and lets talk about the goodness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ., lets talk about the goodness of God and how he has brought us this far and how we as believers in Christ will continue to follow his words pertaining to being homemakers, helpmeets to our husbands, and mothers to our children.

Who's visiting the Barnes Homestead.....

Who's Visiting

Spring 2012


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones