Sunday, February 7, 2016

No Church Service Today and Superbowl Sunday



Good Morning dear friends. Just wanted to say hello this blessed Sunday morning. We received a call this morning saying that church was canceled this morning due to the threat of a wintry mix here in North Carolina. So far we are seeing a little sleet but lots of rain. My hubby and I read some scriptures with the children and sung some songs of worship to our heavenly father thanking him for this day that he has made and we will rejoice and be glad in it. After I get done writing this post I will be getting a few goodies together for my husband and sons for the Super Bowl tonight. We had plans to go to my in laws with the rest of the family but since the storm is here everyone decided that we should all stay home and my husband and his father, our sons, his brothers, and nephews could talk about the game via phone calls lol. My husband is a die hard Washington Redskins fan but he said that he would be rooting for the Carolina Panthers tonight because this is our home state team. So go Panthers......even though I don't care for football and do not watch it, I am glad that my husband and sons can enjoy watching sports together and will always have those memories the same has my husband and his brothers and dad did. So I will be making sure that my family has all the snacks they need (I'm making quesadillas, chips and salsa, and honey Bar Que wings) and plenty of sweet Carolina Tea lol....
Have a wonderful and blessed Sunday everyone.... PS my daughters and I may find a movie to watch in another part of the house since we don't care for football...


5 comments:

~JoAnn~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~JoAnn~ said...

Hi there DeNiece nice to see posts from you again and two in a row wow! Praying all is well for you and your family. Love you, joann

Anonymous said...

I don't care for football either and I almost thought your post was going to say that you didn't go to church because of the Superbowl LOL! My parents were saying they were supposed to get some snow too the next couple of days in TN.

Oh my, all you had to say was SWEET and TEA and I was there!! ;) My mom used to sit the tea outside all day in a big glass jar and then by supper, she put a ton of sugar in it and ice cubes and it was so good. I remember when I went to Alaska in the military and asked for sweet tea, they then brought me some tea with a packet of sugar. Uhm NO that is not sweet tea haha. Then, my family came up to visit and we went out to eat and they ordered sweet tea and I had to tell them they don't what that is up here.

Have a great week dear friend!

The Quaint Housewife said...

I hope you had a good time yesterday and stayed warm. It's crazy that you're getting so much more snow than here in Ohio. I want it to snow darn it! I did not know what sweet tea was until I visited Georgia. Must be where all the southern sweetness comes from.

Anonymous said...

It is good to see a post from you.
Mama Bear

Guest Book

Fall

Daylight Savings

Homemaking for Christ

Hello and welcome to Organized Homemaking for Christ...... So just sit yourself down and have a cup of tea and some cookies and lets talk about the goodness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ., lets talk about the goodness of God and how he has brought us this far and how we as believers in Christ will continue to follow his words pertaining to being homemakers, helpmeets to our husbands, and mothers to our children.

Who's visiting the Barnes Homestead.....

Who's Visiting


Spring 2012


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones