Saturday, March 6, 2010

It is A Lovely Day In The Neighborhood and A Giveaway....


Well hello my dear friends in blog land. Today is a beautiful day in my neck of the woods and the weather here is in the high 60s, oh how I love to open the windows to let the fresh air in. I am so ready for spring and summer so that I can let the fresh air move through the house and my family and I can enjoy the great outdoors. Plus our new addition will be arriving during the summer months....My hubby and I decided to put somethings on the grill today because it is so nice out, but I cant wait for the summer were we can have a big Bar-Que in the big yard and invite all of our family and friends. But anyhoo.. a wonderful friend of mine from a forum that I frequent sent me a wonderful gift for Valentine day thanks Diane..(she is one of my sisters from SugarPie Farmhouse)she sent me a Book called Organizing Magic 40 days to a well-ordered home and life...I just love it. I have read it from front to back and it is awesome. Thank you again dear friend Diane. Well I liked it so much I went online and brought another copy (sorry guys you can't have my copy I have marked in it and made notes hehe) I am going to send a brand new copy to one of my readers...I just know you guys are going to love it as much as I do....So ladies let get this giveaway started....In order to participate you can do one of three things:

1. Become a follower of my blog, leaving a comment that you are following telling what your favorite video is on my blog

2. Leave a comment and tell me why you like reading my blog and what your favorite post is

3. Place a post on your web blog announcing my Giveaway, and leave a comment telling that you had posted the giveaway on your blog and what your favorite post is.

If you do all three your name will be in the giveaway three times making it where you may win the prize. If you do not have a blog please make sure you leave an email address so that I may reach you if you win. The deadline for this contest is March 26,2010 the winner will be announced on March 27. Have fun and may God bless each and everyone of you guys this weekend,

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a beautiful sunny day here, too but still chili. Honey Bear is bleaching the deck and then will seal it.
I am a follower. It will be very hard to pick just one video. I think that I found your blog when Bren did a week long series of videos and so did you. I loved seeing your home decorated for Christmas, too.
Mama Bear

Tracy said...

I love the video where you were singing. YOu have a great voice, Deniece!

I am a follower, btw. :)

Tracy said...

I like reading your blog because you are down to earth and real & I love all the videos you show of your home. :)

Lucille said...

Hi! I am so glad you decided to keep blogging and Ignore comments that only one to do harm and in my opinion mean "JEALOUSY".
I think God doesn't expect us to be PERFECT after all we are NOT Him! Doesn't mean we have to be cover head to toe, doesn't mean we are not going to angry etc etc.

SO wanted to say, any of your posts is pretty interesting to me but when you show anything that has to do with keeping your home I just love it, specially the ones when you cook!
Keep up the good work and many, many blessings to you and your family!!

Melanie said...

Deniece,

There are lots of reasons I like your blog but one of the main ones is your love for the Lord. It is so evident in your posts.

One of my favorite posts is from April 17, 2009, when you talked about how important it is that we spend time in prayer.

I feel welcome when I arrive, and encouraged when I leave. :)

Merit Kirkpatrick said...

Hi Deneice! I just discovered your blog today and I have to say - it is so cute. I would love to win your book giveaway, but most of all I would like to encourage you- My fav post was "I May Discontinue Blogging" because I Blog and I have had al those exact thoughts! I loved reading that someone else thought through blogging, sharing etc and came to the same conclusion - that sharing is worth it and that God will protect us. You're a blessing. I am featuring you on my NC Homeschool "Ology" blog and posting about your giveaway there! Love ya in NC :) Merit

Michele said...

Hi DeNiece, I am so glad to hear things are going well with you and your family! So exciting that you have a new addition on the way! I am a follower of your blog and I always especially enjoy your videos! That is my favorite part of reading your blog. I am going to post about your give away on my blog today. I guess that is my three entries for your give away. The book sounds wonderful!

Mrs Miller said...

Howdy! I just stumbled upon your site today and can't wait to explore some more. You are inspirational to me ☺ I'm jealous of your warm weather, open windows and grilling out! Our snow is melting...slowly, but we do have sunshine.
God Bless, ~*Karen

Anonymous said...

Hi Deniece!
My favorite video was the one where you showed us your Christmas decorations and tree. My favorite post was the one where you talked about your barbecues and your husband gave a recipe!
I've been a follower of your blog since earlier last year.
Thanks!
Oh, and I agree with your love of spring. It smelled "springy" outside for the first time this long winter and we all shouted hoorays and breathed in the warm-ish air deeply. I can't wait to open the windows and "clean the air."
Blessings,
Heatherj
indigo52 at cox dot net

Lisa said...

Hi DeNiece,
Just love your blog! You became one of my first followers when I started my blog!
My favorite video is of you making a macaroni beef casserole. I think you then showed some bread you had made and your brewing cabinet.

My favorite posts are about when you lift up your husband! Praise him in the gates!

I'll be posting on my blog right now about your giveaway.
Blessings,
Lisa

Lauren said...

Oh, it sounds like a book I need. (I came here from Knit Your Socks).

Anonymous said...

Ok Ms. DeNeice-I am leaving you a comment bc I would love to have a copy of that book-and bc I LOVE your blog!! My fav video of yours is the Halloween one (involving the candle incident-You KNow the ONE!!!!).
And it is my fav bc you are a true woman who handles mishaps with grace and beauty. I am also a follower on Sugar Pie and I thin we are both women who are trying to create beauty/peace and love in our homes and lives.
Thank you for this giveaway and for continuing with your blog-it is a gift to so many!
Hugs,
cdkmom

Tonya said...

I am not a follower:( But I do subscribe through Google Reader:)
I would have to say that I like your post about discontinuing blogging to be my favorite.I am glad that you and your husband discussed it,and equally happy that you decided to continue:) I love all of your videos,but the tours are my favorite.I LOVE your new kitchen,it is so homey/comfy feeling:)Contest only email is tmw1223 at gmail dot com

Zippy said...

Deniece, I have been reading your blog sometime now but I dont think I ever commented. (a giveaway-what a great way to get us silent readers to comment lol) I have been blessed and encouraged by your blog many times. I dont know if I have a favorite video. I liked the one of your kitchen day when you even mentioned where you got the great deal on rice. I liked your home management one and I really was blessed by your most recent one where you reaffirmed your faith in Christ and let all your readers know that He was protecting your family and you would not be bothered by naysayers. Thanks so much for sharing your life and faith with us! and just in case I should win- my address is: perkinsprivy@fairpoint.net Thanks! Trish

Simple Christian Homemaker said...

Yay, a giveaway! O.k, for starters, I follow your blog and my favorite video is tied between the one where you're giving a home tour in your old house and you show how you do a super quick clean in the bathroom and the one where you're singing.

Simple Christian Homemaker said...

Back again... I like reading your blog because you inspire me. You are so sweet, real, and down-to-earth. I love that you share your life because it helps me in mine. I've been following you for awhile now so there is NO WAY I can pick a favorite post, too many good ones.

Simple Christian Homemaker said...

Last time I promise:-) Just letting you know I posted about your giveaway on my blog. Unfortunately, In the last couple of minutes, I still haven't found a favorite post:-) That's just a little too much to ask. Too many choices, too many choices!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Denise,

I'm one of the quiet ones...but I would like to win that book :-)
Your blog is very encouraging full of useful tips and great recipes.
My favourites postings have been:

1. the one that you showed how to make this recipe with beef, rice and a mushroom sauce. I made it with groundless beef (vegetarian version) and it was wonderful.
2. the one where you showed your autumn decorations...that one was cute and funny.

big hug,
Seyda

Anonymous said...

forgot to inclue my email in case I win ;-)
seyda dot jones at gmail dot com

emptynester3 said...

Would love to win that book! Thanks for the opportunity! I already am a follower. I love all the videos that I have watched- but the cooking ones are the best. The yogurt one was interesting, because the very day I saw it,I had just gotten the recipe from another blog!

emptynester3 said...

DeNiece- I like following your blog because you are a good example of keeping the home. Your blog title says it all! Thanks!~Nana~

emptynester3 said...

DeNiece- I have just posted about your giveaway! Come and visit me!

~Nana~

Laura said...

I'm a Follower! :)
My favorite post is the video you did of yourself making dinner. You just kept on talking for like 10 minutes like we all were right there with you! I loved it. :)
I actually love all of your posts.

((Hugs))
Laura

Guest Book

Fall

Daylight Savings

Homemaking for Christ

Hello and welcome to Organized Homemaking for Christ...... So just sit yourself down and have a cup of tea and some cookies and lets talk about the goodness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ., lets talk about the goodness of God and how he has brought us this far and how we as believers in Christ will continue to follow his words pertaining to being homemakers, helpmeets to our husbands, and mothers to our children.

Who's visiting the Barnes Homestead.....

Who's Visiting


Spring 2012


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones