Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Feeling Better......

Sorry guys that I have been away from the computer the last three days but my tummy was really upset and I just did not feel well but anyhoo... I am feeling alot better, but today I just wanting to show everyone my cozy corner where I talk and pray to God in the wee hours of the morning before the sun comes up and everyone in the house gets up. I am up every morning at 5:30. I read my Bible, I pray for my family and friends, I also go over my home management binder to see what is on the schedule for that day. I keep a candle in my cozy corner because I love the way they smell and the light is so bright when the room is dark, I keep paper and pen because I never know when the Lord will speak to me and tell me different things, like this morning he told me this in my spirit "Through God all things are possibily but through men the are just possiblities which basically means that God can make all of our dreams come true, but men can only dream." I will be posting my recipes for all of last weeks days in the kitchen soon, I have just not been feeling really well remember : ), but I do keep my promises so I will try to have them up by next week even if it is just one at a time until they are all posted : ). Well here is the pictures of my cozy corner... Do you guys have a cozy corner? Well if you do and you have pictures of it please leave me a comment with your blog addresses (or if you dont have a blog email me your pictures at ladymedicdw4@hotmail.com) I will then on next Monday create a post where everyone can link to your post and see your wonderful cozy corners using the Mr. Linky Icon.....So please stop by....


It's it so inviting.......





A better View....



My warm and cozy blanket and pillow, all that's missing is a cup of hot coffee....





These are books that I have in my cozy corner, the Bible and the daily word book always stays on my table but the other book stay in the drawer until I read it which I try to read something from it every other day....



This is my notepad and my I-phone cell phone and my alarm clock with a cinnamon bun scent candle



A view of the whole cozy corner that is located in my hubby and I bedroom...... that's my home management binder on the chair I keep it in the drawer also...




Yes in the picture above this one is my crocheting basket... and here is a better picture of my basket.. the girls and I love crocheting...


Well I hope that everyone joins me in posting either a video or pictures of your cozy corners see you guys soon.......

23 comments:

Kolfinnas Korner said...

I don't have a cozy corner. I do love your blog though! I followed the links from Candy's blog last week. You're now one of my daily reads. Your blog is a real encouragment.

debbieo said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. I am looking foreward to your recipes because I enjoyed the videos so much.
I can tell you love the Lord just by the way your talk and you can tell its in your heart and not just talk talk.
God bless you.
Mrs. Olson

debbieo said...

I forgot to tell you that I made your soaked baked oatmeal, yummy. It tasted and smelled so good. It will be a family favorite from now on.
Mrs. Olson

~JoAnn~ said...

DeNiece~ Thank you for visiting my blog, I feel honored. I too have a cozy corner of sorts,it's just the place where I sit when I read the Bible (it has the brightest bulb in the entire house!) or when I am reading a regular book or embroidering. I posted a picture of it today (I think) I will make sure I post it tomorrow and will try and link back to your post (I am kind of computer illiterate!!). I love candles too... I have a Casaba melon one in my kitchen not too cozy of a smell but oh does it smell good. I also have the same book Created to be his helpmeet that I have been reading.
You have a very blessed Wednesday.
Blessings,Joann

Rose said...

I love your cozy corner~it looks so peaceful to be in with your candle and Bible. I hope you are feeling better soon. I also have a nice cozy corner where I am able to unwind and put my mind to resting on our Lord. That is such a good idea to keep paper and pencil handy for when God talks to you. I need to do that. God bless, Rose

~Bren~ said...

I just love your cozy corner. What I really love is that you have your notebook and anticipate God speaking to you. We all have no problem talking to Him, but how many sit still and wait on the Lord to speak to them? He wants to speak to us just as much as He wants to hear from us. I have MANY notebooks filled with God's conversations to me. 7 years before I got my daughter He gave me her name....3 times. I was certain it was my son's daughter as he was telling me to pray for this little girl who was not yet born. I KNEW I was having no more kids, but God knew better. Because this little one is such a challenge, God knew I would need confirmation that it was no mistake she was here. He gave me not just her first name but her middle and last....my own last name. She came to us with the name Charlotte (how common is that?) and the middle name my daughter picked herself...Grace...how could she know? All that to say, God WANTS to speak to us, Praise God!!! I love what he told you in your cozy corner!
I have 2 cozy corners....one in my bedroom and one in the family room. Actually, I have 3 cause I have one in the living room too, but I only use it to rock my grandbaby! I will show them on my next post.

Robin said...

Sorry to hear you were feeling so bad, but I am glad you are better now!!

Your cozy corner is wonderful! I need to make me one of those in my house! :-)

Michele said...

Hi DeNiece, Your cozy corner is lovely. I have an empty bedroom corner that I hope to make up as a quiet corner very soon. I'm sorry to hear you were feeling bad but praise God that you are feeling better now! I've enjoyed all your videos recently and how wonderful that your husband participated with you! Keep up the wonderful blog, you are a blessing!

Amanda said...

I am glad to hear you are feeling better. Your corner is so very cozy and inviting :)! That is a great idea about having a candle (cinnamon bun sounds delicious) there for early in the morning. I don't have a special place that I always read but you have inspired me to find one. Blessings to you and your precious family.

Anonymous said...

Hello there DeNiece ;o). I found your blog over a year ago and was delighted when you began posting more frequently a little while ago! I am very encouraged by you and although I do not blog, will be following you. I've 2 grown children and one special needs child who is a preteen. Like Bren, I was raised by a loving mama, but one who was not inspired as a homemaker or cook! We were fed, and I am thankful. I have made quite a few missteps in my many years of marriage as a wife and mom, besides homekeeper. I am thankful for the web.

Shannon L. Fowler said...

Sorry you were feeling badly, glad you are doing better!!!

How nice to have such a cozy place to pray and read the Bible & spend time with the Lord and other things you love! I have told my husband I would like us to have a setup like that in our room. I like the candle idea so the lamp won't disturb your husband!!

I don't really have a cozy corner, just my regular chair that I sit in, with all my stuff surrounding me: Bible, purse, knitting bag, laptop, cup of hot tea. LOL But it's in the living room, so it's not the same! :D

It's in the pictures of my home tour: http://shannon4j.blogspot.com/2009/01/home-tour.html

I really enjoy your blog & your love for Jesus which bubbles over to your family & everyone!!

Heather said...

you sure do have a great cozy corner! glad you're feeling better.

Brandy said...

Howdy! DOn't believe I've commented before (though I've meant to!). I really enjoyed your kitchen videos!!

Your cozy corner looks lovely! I don't have one right now, but once we get some furniture, I will. I usually do. Right now, my cozy corner stuff is just piled on the dining room table, where I read my Bible each day. You can see a picture of that on my home tour I just put up yesterday.

Glad you're feeling better! I added your blog to my Google Reader, so I won't miss any posts.

Blessings!!

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do have a place and I'll try to post a picture for you. My BDRM is a little bit messy right now with the moving. I took the table I usually use and place it in the guest room because I wanted to use a small desk but can't find the legs since we've moved.
Feel better soon.
Mama Bear

~Bren~ said...

Hey DeNiece...I posted pics of my cozy corners today. Loved your pictures on Candy's video!

Anonymous said...

Hi,
Please post your baked bean recipe please please please!!! My email address is rudy6219@hotmail.com. Your cooking looks fabulous. So want that recipe!!!!!
God bless,
Laurie

Hootin Anni said...

So very personal. What a warm, wonderful, beautiful corner of your world.

My show n tell is a bit on the Biblical side too. Come see if you can find time. I understand tho, if you're still feeling out of sorts that you can't.

Happy Friday, have a great weekend.

Simply Heart And Home said...

Your cozy corner looks so inviting. A cup of tea and the Good Book. There is not a better way to start a morning.

I hope you feel better soon.

Blessings,

Gina

Unknown said...

Cozy and very inviting.
Teresa

lady m said...

What a nice cozy corner you have. A great place to talk to Our Father and have a relaxing and peaceful time with Him.

Thank you for sharing,

lady m

i cant decide said...

That's a nice spot. I don't have a cozy corner, but I enjoy reading the Bible every morning at breakfast. I need to read created to be his helpmeet again!

Anonymous said...

Hi DeNiece,

I like your cozy corner. I just wanted to stop by and say hello and how much I've enjoyed reading your blog.

I enjoyed all your videos and your recipes sound delicious.

I look forward to reading more. Have a very blessed day.

Blessings,

Carol

Andrea@Hopefulhousewife said...

Love that chair! I've got a new post on my blog showing the "cozy corner" I created after reading your blog. :) Thanks for the inspiration!!!

Guest Book

Fall

Daylight Savings

Homemaking for Christ

Hello and welcome to Organized Homemaking for Christ...... So just sit yourself down and have a cup of tea and some cookies and lets talk about the goodness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ., lets talk about the goodness of God and how he has brought us this far and how we as believers in Christ will continue to follow his words pertaining to being homemakers, helpmeets to our husbands, and mothers to our children.

Who's visiting the Barnes Homestead.....

Who's Visiting


Spring 2012


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones